Sunday, November 22, 2009

I'm Proud to be Their KUYA!


When I was a child I dreamt to become a pilot yet I ended up as a social worker. To be in this vocation is such a fulfilling work, knowing that I’m doing this with untiring dedication and a life giving to others. Kuya Center had made me feel and experienced these higher values in life. Working with these little kids for almost eight years made me appreciate more the importance of human family.
I’m came from a small town of Bicol, married and with a beautiful daughter. My day to day life at KUYA urge me to be more enthusiastic on my work and inspire me to go on my daily battles in life. Aside from my wife and daughter, these kids are my little angels who encourage me to recognize the value of my work.
I’m proud to be their kuya, especially to know that my task here is to bring up poor unfortunate souls, to look after them, to take care of them, to watch them achieving their own dreams they are hoping for.
God was really good and I know that He guides me in everything I do. I just let him put me to where He likes me to take. I am here at KUYA to see the reality of life which enlightens me to become good person and a good kuya. I never ended up being a pilot but then again I feel like one “A pilot of change”. Everyone had given a heart to share the love that is innate in us. Everyone had given a hand to extend our service to others. Let these faculties be of help and support to these little ones.
Kuya Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment